Pay Per Click is a proven and successful online marketing strategy which allows advertisers to drive traffic to their website and publishers to monetize their website. The advertiser does not pay a fee to place an advertisement, but rather pays a certain amount of money each time their ad gets clicked.
With pay per click, you control the entire campaign and you can choose your key words, where you want to direct your traffic, as well as what type of ads you wish to display.
- 1) Choose the Proper Keywords: Choosing the proper keywords can attract prospective visitors to your website through major search engines, not just traffic, but actual potential buyers. If you choose the proper keywords, a user types in the search phrase and your website will appear at the top of their search results, therefore, in the direct path of the consumer. Put yourself into your target audiences minds to brainstorm potential keywords and key phrases that they may search for to find a product or service such as yours.
- 2) Create a Landing Page: By building a landing page to drive traffic to, it allows you to create a totally clean, customized, and fresh webpage to market a particular product or service for each keyword or key phrase. Because landing pages are so easy to create, you may even build several landing pages, one for each keyword or keyphrase.
- 3) Ad Variation: When you are creating your pay per click campaigns, always use variety. You can test out text ads, banner ads, and image ads to see which ones provide the most conversion for you. By producing different kinds of ad you can monitor any patterns showing which ad is being clicked, and which aren’t.
- 4) Analyze & Report: Take advantage of LookSmart’s fantastic analysis and reporting tools to determine which ads are working, which ads are producing the highest click-through-rate, and which ads are driving the most traffic.
- 5) Refine: Based on these reports, you can adjust your pay per click campaign to optimize your return-on-investment. No one gets their pay per click campaign right the first time, which is why you need to take advantage of the great analytical tools available and use them to refine your campaign to boost your return on investment.